2013 JUN 21
- New York Magazine features our West Village Duplex.
2013 JUN 10
- 432 Park Avenue complete's its first 10 stories.
2013 JUN 05
- Berkeley Rupp Architecture Professorship and Prize Comes to a Close.
2013 MAY 24
- West 12th Street Loft on the Cover of the Home Observer.
2013 APR 28
- Bard’s music conservatory building opens.
2013 MAR 25
- Our new building in Bentonville, Arkansas, for the award-winning 21c Museum Hotel brand has been completed.
2013 FEB 21
- Richardson Olmsted Complex Project announced.
2013 JAN 24
- New photos of our recently completed 21c Cincinnati project.
2012 DEC 29
- Video: ‘My Favorite Architect’ Lecture
2012 NOV 27
- 21c Cincinnati Opens.
2012 NOV 13
- Announcing our work on the tranformation of the landmark Cities Service Building at 70 Pine Street.
2012 OCT 12
- Short video of our Pink Jalk Chair making its transformation.
2012 OCT 04
- We transform a Greta Jalk Chair to benefit the Breast Cancer Research Foundation
2012 SEP 26
- 432 Park Avenue completes its first year of construction.
2012 SEP 09
- Berkeley-Rupp Prize interview by the Yale Daily News.
2012 AUG 17
- 48 Bond Street honored with design awards.
2012 MAY 14
- Two New York City residences recently completed: one on the Upper West Side in the Eldorado, a luxurious and elegant pre-war building; the other in a new building in the West Village.
2012 APR 26
- Deborah Berke interviewed for Rhode Island School of Design's "Re:making Architecture" series.
2012 APR 18
- 21c Museum Hotels has announced plans to develop a new combination boutique hotel, contemporary art museum, and restaurant in downtown Lexington.
2012 MAR 14
- Schematic Design completed at Rockefeller Arts Center, located at SUNY’s Fredonia campus.
2012 FEB 28
- Art show SITUATION on view in our office.
2012 FEB 03
- Yale design studio tours Kentucky bourbon distilleries.
2012 JAN 04
- Two houses featured in the Wall Street Journal.
2011 DEC 20
- New photos by Jason Schmidt of the Pilgrim Road House.
2011 DEC 06
- Ground-up 21c Bentonville breaks ground.
2011 DEC 01
- New photos by Catherine Tighe of our Gibson Lane House.
2011 NOV 23
- Urban Intersections: São Paulo is released by W.W. Norton & Co.
2011 NOV 14
- We host a Political Salon with Greg Lindsay, author of Aerotropolis: The Way We'll Live Next, in discussion with Michelle Fanzo, Project Leader of the World Policy Institute.
2011 NOV 03
- Deborah Berke featured on the Herman Miller Lifework blog.
2011 NOV 01
- Groundbreaking on the new Bard College Conservatory of Music building.
2011 OCT 03
- Deborah Berke and Craig Greenberg, Vice Chairman of 21c Museum Hotels, present at the Urban Land Institute’s (ULI) Fall Conference in Los Angeles.
2011 OCT 03
- Construction begins on the East End House on Long Island.
2011 SEP 20
- Writer Jason Sheftell profiles Deborah Berke in the real estate section of the New York Daily News.
2011 SEP 12
- Our Shelter Island House No. 1 is featured in the New York Times.
2011 SEP 06
- We're pleased to be working again in the Eldorado, the distinguished Central Park West apartment building.
2011 AUG 16
- Rabbit Hill Road Compound in Litchfield County, Connecticut, is featured in leading design and architecture blog Remodelista.
2011 JUL 18
- Construction nears completion on the Gibson Lane House.
2011 JUL 11
- The CBS Evening News features our "multi-tasking ban experiment," aimed at fostering more effective collaboration.
2011 JUL 07
- Deborah Berke interviewed on the Faith Middleton Show.
2011 JUN 22
- Our design for the renovation of and addition to the 122 Community Center, together with the installation of Inhale/Exhale and Independent Lines by artist Monika Goetz, has won an award for Excellence in Design from the NYC Public Design Commission.
2011 JUN 16
- Pilgrim Road House, in Westchester County, nearing completion.
2011 JUN 10
- Deborah Berke gives lecture at Ghost 13 conference in Novia Scotia.
2011 MAY 13
- Deborah Berke speaks at the Miller House Symposium to celebrate the opening of Eero Saarinen's project to the public.
2011 APR 26
- GMHC moves to new home with design by Deborah Berke & Partners.
2011 APR 19
- Deborah Berke & Partners staff celebrate Mabou Mines and Performance Space 122.
2011 APR 08
- Writer Jason Sheftell discusses what makes Bond Street a cultural, culinary and architectural giant.
2011 MAR 31
- The New York Times accompanies Deborah Berke on a recent shopping excursion for the perfect coffee table.
2011 FEB 21
- Three local homes nearing completion.
2011 JAN 10
- 21c Museum Hotel at the top of 2011's Gold List
2010 DEC 08
- New photos of Deborah Berke's recently completed NYC duplex
2010 NOV 11
- Master Plan for the Clemente
Soto Vélez Center approved.
2010 NOV 09
- Deborah Berke lecture at Colby College.
2010 OCT 19
- For the second year in a row, 21c Museum Hotel in Louisville, Kentucky named as the #1 hotel in the United States and #6 in the world in the prestigious Condé Nast Traveler Readers' Choice Awards.
2010 OCT 14
- ELLE DECOR interviews Deborah Berke for this year’s “Women in Design” feature.
2010 OCT 4
- DBPA's River House is completed.
2010 SEP 21
- DBPA designing expansion of Rockefeller Arts Center
2010 SEP 16
- Upper West Side Townhouse completed
2010 SEP 03
- Campus plan for the European College of Liberal Arts ("ECLA") completed
2010 JUL 23
- Deborah Berke's Apartment in the Wall Street Journal
2010 JUL 20
- DBPA is designing the Sanctuary at Bard College, in Annandale-on-Hudson, New York. The new building will permanently house the work of 14 contemporary women artists. See a preview here
2010 JUN 21
- New 21c Museum Hotel Announced for Bentonville, Arkansas
2010 MAY 20
- Box Studios and the Marianne Boesky Gallery in Recently Published Books
2010 APR 19
- Upcoming Addition to Community Arts Center Profiled
2010 APR 16
- Deborah Berke speaking at the Yale Alumni Real Estate Association's national conference with Katherine Farley of Tishman Speyer. Berke and Farley are co-teaching a design studio
at Yale's School of Architecture that focuses on mixed-use urban development in Sao Paulo, Brazil.
2010 MAR 11
, a downtown café and children's arts & crafts center designed by Deborah Berke & Partners, voted "Best Playspace" by New York
magazine. Moomah's excellent coffee also gets a shout-out in a recent article
from The New York Times
2010 MAR 5
- Updates to website: new photographs of the Crestview Lane House
and the recently completed Tulip Avenue House
, as well as progress photos of the River House
as it nears completion.
2010 JAN 27
- 48 Bond Street
featured in a photograph by artist In Sook Kim, taken for The New York Times
2009 DEC 30
- 535 Madison Avenue
, with a lobby design by DBPA, in The New York Times
to highlight the building's rotating display of sculpture on loan from Christies. Read the article here
2009 NOV 12
- DBPA will serve as Design Architect on the new 21c Museum Hotel in Cincinnati, Ohio. See this link
for more information.
2009 OCT 20
- 21c Museum Hotel
voted #1 Hotel in the U.S. and #6 in the world in Condé Nast Traveler's
2009 Readers' Choice Awards. Visit this link
to see all the rankings. Learn more about 21c's innovative art programs, 90 guest rooms, and great food at www.21cmuseumhotel.com
2009 OCT 7
- Artist Stephen Hopkins exhibits his recent drawings this fall in DBPA's studio. To see the exhibit by appointment, call 212 229-9211. For more information, see his website at www.hoplink.com
2009 SEP 22
- DBPA's Shelter Island House No. 1
featured on design blog Remodelista
2009 SEP 21
- Deborah Berke lecturing at the University of Arkansas in Fayetteville. More information on the School of Architecture's lecture series here
2009 AUG 11
- Deborah Berke & Partners wins two 2009 Design Awards from the AIA New York State, for the Marianne Boesky Gallery
and Irwin Union Bank
2009 JUL 28
- Video and audio clips of Deborah Berke and the firm's work now available. Watch/listen here
2009 JUL 15
- New construction photos
of the River House, which is nearing completion on its dramatic hilltop site.
2009 JUL 11
, a global magazine dedicated to international affairs, culture, and design, publishes Deborah Berke's commentary "Austerity Aesthetics" in its July/August issue
. Read the piece here
2009 JUN 23
- New photos of the Joray Road House
in Ellsworth, Connecticut, and the Sarah's Path House
in Amagansett, New York.
2009 JUN 8
- The firm's Upper West Side Apartment
is featured on the cover of July's HOME Ft. Lauderdale
magazine. The Sospiro Canal House
, which DBPA designed for the same couple, is also featured in the magazine.
2009 JUN 2
- Artist Maria Levitsky exhibits her series "Building Photographs" all summer in DBPA's studio. Read more about the exhibit at www.marialevitsky.com
2009 JUN 1
- Deborah Berke will present a lecture, entitled "Local Knowledge," at the National Building Museum in Washington, D.C. More information available at this link
2009 MAY 19
- DBPA fielded a team in Sunday's AIDS Walk New York
. The team had a terrific time supporting GMHC and raised nearly $7,500! See some photos here
2009 MAY 18
- Deborah Berke will participate in a panel discussion, "Transforming the Skyline: Three Women Architects"
, moderated by Architectural Record's
Suzanne Stephens and sponsored by Sir John Soane's Museum Foundation.
2009 MAY 13
- DBPA's renovation of the lobby at 535 Madison Avenue recently unveiled. For more information about the renovation of this important classic modern building originally designed by Edward Larrabee Barnes, visit www.535mad.com
2009 MAR 22
- The Monocle Weekly, anchored by Tyler Brûlé, hosts Deborah Berke in a panel discussion about the state of the media industry. Listen to the program here
2009 MAR 3
- The firm's design for Irwin Union Bank
wins a Design Award from the New York City chapter of the American Institute of Architects.
2009 MAR 2
- Deborah Berke appears on Air America's "The Lionel Show." Listen to the interview: part 1
and part 2
2009 FEB 23
- Deborah Berke appears at 9:51 each morning this week on New York's WCBS 880AM radio.
2009 FEB 23
- DBPA's interiors for the Bond Street Penthouse
featured in the February issue of Interior Design
2009 FEB 11
- Deborah Berke speaks with KVON's Jeff Schechtman about her work and the state of American architecture. Read about and listen to the interview here
2009 JAN 26
- A Daily Dose of Architecture
reviews DBPA's monograph. Read the review here
2009 JAN 12
- Deborah Berke featured in Architectural Record's online video series, "My New York." Watch the three videos
2008 DEC 14
- David Mohney reviews the firm's recently released monograph
in Louisville's newspaper, the Courier-Journal. Read it here
2008 DEC 12
- DBPA's design proposal for the Edward M. Kennedy Institute for the Senate, which resulted from an invited competition, available here
2008 DEC 12
- Deborah Berke appears on WNPR's Faith Middleton Show
to talk about the firm's recently published monograph. Listen online to the episode
, or get the podcast on iTunes
2008 DEC 1
- New construction photos
of DBPA's Tulip Avenue House, which is nearing completion.
2008 NOV 17
- In connection with the firm's recently released monograph
, Deborah Berke will present a lecture, entitled "here and now," at Pittsburgh's Carnegie Museum of Art.
2008 NOV 12
- DBPA's Sospiro Canal House
featured in the premier issue of South Florida's Luxe Magazine.
2008 OCT 17
- New updates to website: active projects 122 Community Arts Center
, 535 Madison Avenue
, Chihuly Gallery
, and Tulip Avenue House
; completed stores for Burton Snowboards
; the concept design for Word Cafe Live
; and completed residential projects Georgica Road House
and Jay Street Building
2008 OCT 10
- A monograph
featuring the firm's work to be published by Yale University Press on November 3, 2008.
2008 OCT 8
- New construction photos
of the River House, which is schedule for completion in early 2009.
- "A Modern Colonial Farm"--DBPA's design for a house in the Hamptons is Metropolitan Home's July/August "Met Home of the Month". Read the article, and see the images, here
- Deborah Berke will be a guest at the Ghost Architectural Laboratory in Nova Scotia, along with Suzanne Stephens of Architectural Record. The annual research program led by MacKay-Lyons Sweetapple Architects, more information about Ghost can be found here
- DBPA was honored as a Finalist for Interior Design by the Cooper-Hewitt National Design Museum. See the firm's profile here
- FilmInFocus featured Deborah Berke and the five movies that influenced her design style. See Deborah's choices, and the other designers featured, here
- Schematic Design completed on a new fire station in central Florida. See DBPA's design at this link
- "Bond Street Reborn"--In a panel moderated by New York Magazine's architecture critic Justin Davidson, Deborah Berke discussed the design inspiration behind DBPA's 48 Bond Street, a luxury condominium building on the revitalized street. See a description of the presentation and a full list of panelists here
- The AIA has elevated Deborah Berke to the College of Fellows for her contributions to the profession of architecture. See the full list of honorees here
- New images of DBPA's River House, which is currently under construction. See them here
- Deborah Berke discussed the firm's work at Vassar College on December 5. For more information, see the Vassar press release
- "And the Winner Is..." DBPA's luxury condominium at 48 Bond Street in New York City received a rave review in Esquire. See the article
- DBPA engaged to design an ecologically sensitive, carbon-neutral hotel development on an island in the British West Indies.
back to top